MrDooky's application?

MrDooky

MrDooky's application?

Post by MrDooky »

— Tebin or Dooky
— Age:16
— Dr Mooky
— Eating Crayons/Best Friends Forevr/Mr Pp/Zoo Lander
— What are you looking for in a guild: A GvG team that tries but doesn't go crazy when they lose.
— Preferred game play PvP(GvG)
— Preferred character professions:Anything besides monk(I can monk but it depends how badly you want to win)
— Preferred play time:4-11(Friday) anytime during weekends
— What time zone you live in:Pacific
— If you are accepted into our guild, do you agree to abide by our guild’s code of conduct: (yes/no) yes
— If you join our guild, do we have your permission to post your nickname and character name on the guild roster: (yes/no) yes
— How did you hear about The Torrencians, do you already know someone in our guild:I knew about this guild awhile back when you guys were in alliance IMP and I was in the guild WoJ.
— Other comments: My name use to be Mr Dooky but Anet says its inappropriate so they made me change my name.
MrDooky

Post by MrDooky »

I guess I posted 2 threads on accident sorry about that.
Kaitrin
Site Admin

Post by Kaitrin »

Hi Tebin, thanks for your application. Our current attitude towards GvG is as follows:

"Tor GvG is not casual GvG. We are open to people of all skill levels (even new people who have never GvG'd before), but our goal is to improve our play to competitive levels. We will try to run consistent builds (as much as possible) and place people in consistent roles (as much as possible). We expect people to know how to use their skills, how the skills interact with the rest of the build, and the overall purpose of the build, or to ask if they are unsure. We will review our play between matches and observe as necessary, evaluating our own play, that of other players, and the overall effectiveness of the team.

We're trying to provide an outlet for people who desire more competitive (as opposed to casual) play. I understand that this type of play is not fun for everyone, so I just want to make sure people know what they're getting in to, before they sign up!"

As mentioned in our recruiting guidelines, many of us in Tor (although not all) are in our 20s and 30s, and we have a preference to maintain this maturity level. How do you feel about joining a guild where many of us are old enough to be your parents?
Guild Leader of The Torrencians
MrDooky

Post by MrDooky »

I have no problems GvGing with inexperienced players as long as the experienced players keep their self in line and as long as the inexperienced try their best, although I took a long break from guild wars i'm confident I can get caught up with the meta game. Also I have no problem joining a guild with older members as I got along fine in clans and guilds where some members were in their 30s and 40s and I find myself usually getting along better around people that are older than me.
Kaitrin
Site Admin

Post by Kaitrin »

Hi Tebin: We've considered your application, and I'm afraid we're going to have to decline. Thanks for your interest in Tor, and good luck finding a guild to call home!
Guild Leader of The Torrencians