Morgan's Application

Morgan

Morgan's Application

Post by Morgan »

— Name or preferred nickname: Morgan
— Age: 17
— Primary Character Name: Captain Morgahn
— Other Character Names: Powerful Prayers, Arrows of Misery, more...
— What are you looking for in a guild: Talented and kind people to PvP with
— Preferred game play: PvE nub but i got pr0 skillz. (j/k)
— Preferred character professions: All (Most PvP experience in monk)
— Preferred play time: Nothing's set in stone :?
— What time zone you live in: Central
— If you are accepted into our guild, do you agree to abide by our guild’s code of conduct: No... Of course :D
— If you join our guild, do we have your permission to post your nickname and character name on the guild roster: Sure, why not?
— How did you hear about The Torrencians, do you already know someone in our guild: Part of Chemtox's guild.
— Other comments: I'm looking forward to playing with your guild in both PvE and PvP (if you don't mind taking a PvE nub of course). Message me anytime if you need someone for GvG or HA, and hopefully I can assist you.
Tzuul

Post by Tzuul »

Hi Morgan,

Welcome to our forums! Please feel free to contact me in-game anytime.
Tor: Shamino Sworddancer
SoF-V: Torrencian Archon
Marillion Bloodbane

Post by Marillion Bloodbane »

Pleased to meet you Morgahn! We are a mainly PVP focused guild right now. So you are in good company. Please feel free to sign up for either of our two events which occur on Sundays and Wednesdays. The sign ups are generally posted two days before.
IGN: Marillion Bloodbane
Kaitrin
Site Admin

Post by Kaitrin »

Hi Morgan, allow me to add my welcome to the chorus of the others'. Please feel free to sign up for our events!
Guild Leader of The Torrencians
Chemtox

Post by Chemtox »

Wow, he did it. And I only had to threaten him with his life. I'm going to do that more regularly.

And Morgan, don't be lazy (or I'll kill you), *you* contact them! (or I'll kill you).

You can use the guild rooster or sign in in Organized Events (if you're very lucky anyway :? ).

See you later (or I'll kill you).

Btw Tor, do you use X-Fire? Makes finding online playmates much more easier. And you can copy-paste!
Kaitrin
Site Admin

Post by Kaitrin »

One of our members uses x-fire, but most of us don't.
Guild Leader of The Torrencians
Marillion Bloodbane

I do have the program downloaded but have never used it. Never really had a compelling reason to, I guess.
Neo

Post by Neo »

+1 for people who have it but dont use it.
Meliora
Marillion Bloodbane

Neo wrote:+1 for people who have it but dont use it.
Just curious, whats so bad about Xfire anyways? You aren't the first person I have heard not being too fond of it but since I don't use it I am just curious why?
Neo

Post by Neo »

On my original system Xfire clogged the memory and made my games (Warcraft 3, Guild Wars, etc) run slower. On my new system (as of Septermber '06) this isnt usually a problem, but I still dont like the feeling that its slowing my computer down.

I dont really get any use out of the friend-locating feature because I only really play one game at a time, and all my RL gaming friends quit Guild Wars a long time ago.

Other than that the only benifit of Xfire is that it tracks your hours, which would ordinarily be cool, except that by now its missing so much data that I really dont have the heart to start tracking it now. Plus, even if I could somehow make its data accurate, I wouldnt use the Xfire signature (My SoF one that Taelith made is better :))
Meliora
Marillion Bloodbane

Ah, i c. Thanks Neo for the explanation.
Chemtox

Post by Chemtox »

Neo wrote:On my original system Xfire clogged the memory and made my games (Warcraft 3, Guild Wars, etc) run slower. On my new system (as of Septermber '06) this isnt usually a problem, but I still dont like the feeling that its slowing my computer down.
I have used X-Fire since 2004, and never had any problems. Neither have my friends. It has always had a very low performance impact on all my puters (I am very picky about that): always using under 10 MiB of memory, and almost no CPU time: around 5 secs per hour on my good ol' Athlon XP T-berd 2600+; which is nothing for today's standards.
Neo wrote: I dont really get any use out of the friend-locating feature because I only really play one game at a time, and all my RL gaming friends quit Guild Wars a long time ago.

Other than that the only benifit of Xfire is that it tracks your hours, which would ordinarily be cool, except that by now its missing so much data that I really dont have the heart to start tracking it now. Plus, even if I could somehow make its data accurate, I wouldnt use the Xfire signature (My SoF one that Taelith made is better :))
Oh, so it's not useful for you, in part because, as you mentioned, you don't want it to be. Doesn't means it's the same for everyone else.

For me, X-Fire is an all-in-wonder proggie (yes, you can see I used to be a Radeonite :P ). The only decent in-game IM there is; knowing which friends are (or start) playing what and where at a glance; having your favorite, LAN and recently visited servers handy; a server browser which obviates the need of GameSpy or ASE (both of which have become near useless), though I'll concede it's too slow (JavaScript was not designed to handle so much data, specially with Microsoft extensions); all of the latter allow you to instantly launch a game and join a server; there's also the clan services which greatly ease group gaming (you only join the clan/guild, no need to add every single member to your list); voice; P2P file downloads if you don't want to make line in FilePlanet; a universal screenshot key; and I could go on for a while...

In short, X-Fire is heaven for someone that is into a lot of games, like me. But even if I only played one, I would still find very useful to know who friends are or start playing it without having to log in and check the game constantly (an unobtrusive popup is much better).

Not trying to start an argument here, but I believe your bashing was entirely gratuitous. :twisted:

End of offtopic for me. ;)
Marillion Bloodbane

Heh, to each his own! Thats what makes this world so interesting. If we all liked the same things, how interesting would life be? :wink:
Neo

Post by Neo »

Yeah, I was explaining reasons why I dont like or use Xfire, not reasons why no one should. I personally dont get any use out of it, but if you do, thats great. Im glad someone does, otherwise it would be a pretty useless program ;p
Meliora
Tzuul

Post by Tzuul »

Morgan, thanks for joining in for HA. It was very cool getting a chance to play with you.
Tor: Shamino Sworddancer
SoF-V: Torrencian Archon