Possible guild merging

Chemtox

Possible guild merging

Post by Chemtox »

Greetings.

I just had a brief chat with Marissa, and I've grown interested in Tor. I was actually trying to rebuild my old guild, but why bother starting from scratch if we can simply join an stablished guild with such fine individuals as yourselves (I'm trusting Marissa's word here ;-).

There's four of us active, with all campaings, fully or almost unlocked. Broadly experienced in most aspects of the game, though we prefer the "high end" PvP (even if a bit rusty; I'm a PvE nub myself by now ;-). From a wide variety of locations and ages, but we all with common sense and dedication to good fun.

We'd love to join you for any kind of skirmish, from GvG to the Domain of Anguish, and see if we fancy each other (I'm forseeing my D&D sarcasm is going to be a problem though :P ). You can reach me in game as Hindmost Empathy, or answer me here.

Hear hear!
For a good pint, and a strong sword.
For all we seek,
is fun and glory, as our reward.
Tzuul

Post by Tzuul »

Hi Chemtox!

Welcome to our forums. We actually have a bit of history with guild mergers in our distant past. Please feel free to pm me anytime as well, and I will add you to our friends list.
Tor: Shamino Sworddancer
SoF-V: Torrencian Archon
Kaitrin
Site Admin

Post by Kaitrin »

Hello and Welcome!

As Tzuul mentioned, we do have a history of merging, and we're definitely interested in obtaining more PvPers! Our general approach to GvG is that we welcome people of all skill levels with the understanding that our goal is to improve our play to a competitive level.

I'll be out of town (and game) through the weekend, but feel free to post any questions you may have about us here.

Also, could you tell us a bit more about your guild? How long have you been together as a guild? How often are you looking to PvP? Are you more interested in GvG or HA?

Thanks!
Guild Leader of The Torrencians
Marillion Bloodbane

Post by Marillion Bloodbane »

Welcome Chemtox! Thanks for posting. I was the one who you chatted with. The name I generally go by and people know me through is Marillion, just so you know. :) Marissa is my PVP monk.

We had a great chat on some really interesting topics. It was a pleasure sir and I hope we can get to know you and your guildmates more!

FYI guys, he plays a n a s t y hammer warrior! :)
IGN: Marillion Bloodbane
Taelith

Post by Taelith »

Hiya Chemtox and welcome to the tor forums. A nasty hammer warrior, hmmmm. Fair warrior, let us meet for a friendly duel so we may test our mettle in battle. Or better yet let us vanquish endless fiends and purge our ancestral lands and reclaim the lost fields.

(of course I'm just being silly here so don't mind me)

Feel free to pm me as well if you want to ta or something like that.
forgot my ign: Arduwyn Mistwalker or Erisa Silverwind
Marillion Bloodbane

Watchout for that Taelith character... :P
Kind of an interesting story how I met him...I was in RA as I have been wont to do lately, trying to farm Glad points. I got into a team of 3 Monks along with Chemtox playing a Hammer Warrior (can't remember his secondary). One of the monks immediately left and I was about to leave when Chemtox admonished us to stay, he felt confident in vanquishing the foes by himself! I though to myself, this individual is either very skilled or highly foolish. I decided to stay to see the outcome. I'm not sure what the other monk that stayed was doing but I followed Chemtox around and darned if he didn't actually take them all out one by one...as I recall it was a mainly caster team with one Dervish that we faced? In any case, that was one of the most surprising times I ever had playing in RA. Chemtox and I started chatting about various interesting topics and here we are!
Kaitrin
Site Admin

Post by Kaitrin »

Tzuul & Taelith initially met in RA as well . . . what is it about RA?
Chemtox

Post by Chemtox »

Kaitrin wrote: Also, could you tell us a bit more about your guild? How long have you been together as a guild? How often are you looking to PvP? Are you more interested in GvG or HA?
PtG started back in 2005 when Kesa Dias and me got tired of RA. Morgan joined us briefly after. The guild never reached critical mass though, so we eventually parted ways to join more established and (in)famous guilds. After a break from the game, we tried to Resurrect PtG, but we probably should've used Res Chant instead. ;) After a month, only Fenryl has made herself a stable member.

We have not played "serious" GvG for a while, but I believe that'd be the main interest of all of us. We don't mind HAing either though, and are always up for a blitz TA.
Marillion Bloodbane wrote: The name I generally go by and people know me through is Marillion, just so you know. Marissa is my PVP monk.
Aaww, there go my high hopes of romance. ;) Haha, I'm certain your RL name would be the envy of most warriors, but I stuck to your IGN for privacy's shake.
Taelith wrote: Fair warrior, let us meet for a friendly duel so we may test our mettle in battle.
My hopes soar high again! SAL? :P
Kaitrin wrote: Tzuul & Taelith initially met in RA as well . . . what is it about RA?
RA is Random! The only arena where a lone wolf can expend more time playing --ergo, knowing people-- than LFG.

Anyway, I'll try to get all of PtG to join your forum. I can't promise more, some of them are awfully shy --they won't even post on our own forums!-- but's that probably because they fear my yelling rages. =/
Marillion Bloodbane

Chemtox wrote:Anyway, I'll try to get all of PtG to join your forum. I can't promise more, some of them are awfully shy --they won't even post on our own forums!-- but's that probably because they fear my yelling rages. =/
Excellent Chemtox! We're all a pretty nice bunch and hopefully once they hang around a bit on our boards they will realize that. None of us bite...much, well except for that Taelith fellow. But I already warned you about him...

Also, we have our weekly GVG events on Sunday 5pm pacific (7pm central) and Wednesday 7pm pacific (9pm central) so feel free to sign up for those so that we can get to know you all better! I myself have not been doing too much PVE lately and just hop on for my (usually) nightly RA Glad point farming runs and our Guild GVG events.
Kaitrin
Site Admin

Post by Kaitrin »

Let me add my urgings to Marillion's, please feel free to sign up for our events! It's the main way that most of us can get to know you and we can find out if we're a good fit and all that fun stuff. In other words, we really want you to sign up for our events, so don't feel like you're imposing or anything!
Tzuul

Post by Tzuul »

Chemtox,

I would say that in Tor, we're currently about 4 'active' members, with a few others that log in occasionally. We also have a couple members, myself included, that have dual accounts in different alliance guilds. These members as well as others in our alliance help to fill out our GvG team.

As Marillion mentioned, our current GvG schedule is twice a week on Sunday and Wednesday evenings. Does that work for most of you?

Thanks,
Tor: Shamino Sworddancer
SoF-V: Torrencian Archon
Kaitrin
Site Admin

Post by Kaitrin »

I noticed that Kesa Dias signed up for our forums, so that's one! Welcome!
Perivayne

Post by Perivayne »

I'll add a welcome here, since Tor owns my second account... :D

Good luck and welcome to the forums!
Defenders of Gods - Shalin Dubh
Chemtox

Post by Chemtox »

Hi again.

Sorry about the abrupt silence, but I got kidnapped by a beautiful femme fatale, and you know how that is, I couldn't dare getting a fix without risking she casting Icy Shackles. So I endured three weeks of hardships and no chance even of checking my email.

And this may be a terrible thing to say in an application, but I didn't actually missed GW; the good news is, now that I know I'm not an addict, I can get back to play my daily eight hours with no remorse. ;)

Still, before being dragged to my cell, I had time to tell my troupe to get in contact with you. But somehow I suspect they joined the Laggard And Zany Yokels instead...

Anyway, I just will have to get medieval (which is very appropriate in GW in any case) and give 'em a little motivation to stop yokeling.
Kaitrin
Site Admin

Post by Kaitrin »

Thanks for the update, Chemtox! Glad to hear there was a reason for all the silence!